Friday, August 31, 2007

Success All Around

The race was a success! Scott shaved off 10 seconds from his time last year and I beat my goal of 9:30 by a good chunk. I just checked the results a few minutes ago and realized that my time was even better than I thought - the clock read 9:17ish when I crossed the line (I thought) but since it took me awhile to actually cross the start line, I think I actually ran it in 9:10.7, which is my net time on the results page for the Pearl Street Mile - I'm quite pleased with that. Scott generously took photos of me trudging through the end of the race...and I think the look on my face in the photo of me at the end of the race shows how glad I was to be done.

And finally, we're into fantasy football draft season! And what could be better than drafting alongside your cat? Millie decided to give me a hand and make a few draft suggestions in our most recent draft this past Wednesday.
This post appears to be lacking photos of Scott - more of those soon. Happy long weekend to everyone!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Great job, Sara! Hopefully your good run will cancel out all negative WMS running memories... just so long as you don't forget our glory days in Ms. Shane's class :) . Phone chat soon? I'm going to the race track (for Steve) tomorrow-Monday but will plan to call from the road.

xo,
em

megs said...

Yay! I was curious how the race went....I wish I could have been there with ya, instead I ran a mile on the treadmill that morning just so I could feel like I was slightly participating. 5k????

Fantasy Football Librarian said...

Megan,
A few 5K options:
--Eerie Erie on 10/27
--Panicking Poultry at Boulder Res on 11/11
--CU Turkey Trot on Tgiving morning

Let me know!
Sara

megs said...

Hey Sara

What about the Boulder Res on the 11th? That one sounds great...there's a chance I won't be here on Thanksgiving anyway. If I am in town, I might prefer the Thanksgiving day race so I can stuff myself silly after and not feel like a slug. I'll see if I can get a straight answer from Matt about what we're doing on turkey day. That was great mile time by the way!